Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome 2012

Happy New Year!

Great reviews for Treasure Me continue to arrive, along with mail from readers. To everyone who has read the first book in the Liberty series--thank you. Your sweet notes and posted reviews on Amazon, Goodreads and other sites mean the world to me.

The next book in the Liberty, Ohio series, Second Chance Grill, will arrive in late February. The "bad blood" between Liberty's feisty matriarch, Theodora and fluttery Ethel Lynn, will be explained in more detail. Let the fur and feathers fly.

For now, I'm busy completing the edits for a darker, stand-alone novel, The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge. Well, completing the edits and writing the Book-Group Discussion Questions. And tweaking the final cover art / cover copy with the marvelous Jan Marshall, designer of both book covers. And checking my edits because I'm a perfectionist and secretly worry that no book is ever truly finished.

Of course, this means I read most fiction with red pen at the ready.

The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge will reach the shelves in late January. Please let me know what you think of the cover design. Jan worked tirelessly for months creating a slew of alternatives.

On a private note, five of our six kids flew in for the holidays then flew back out to their respective universities. Note to self: clean the house. Well, clean the house after you finish the Tree edits.

Here's wishing all of you a joyous New Year Year filled with light, laughter and love.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!!! I've been wondering when the second book would be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your interest, Jessica. The move from Ohio to South Carolina in October certainly slowed me down. Now 5 of our 6 kids have flown back out to various colleges (after spending the holidays here) and I'm getting into the writing groove in my new Southern home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it common for authors now to have book discussion questions all of a sudden? I think it's a great idea and I know Jeffrey Eugenides has done the same with Middlesex and The Marriage Plot, both award-winning novels.
    josh echt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, I think the new cover looks great! Also good that you left a little blank space on the bottom left so that you can add that gold medallion symbol thingy after the book has won some awards and all that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, many contemporary novels and novels-bordering-on-literary, do include Book-Group Discussion Questions. Book clubs enjoy working directly from questions conveniently placed at the back of the novel. I'm having so much fun writing the questions!

    Laura, from your mouth to God's ears! I hadn't thought about a gold medallion thingy. But now that you mention it, I want one!

    Thank you both for reading along.

    ReplyDelete